KoVidone® - I
Product name KoVidone® - I
USP name Povidone - Iodine
EP name Povidone Iodinated （Povidonum Iodinatum）
CAS NO. 25655-41-8
Properties Broad spectrum biocide; Soluble in water, ethyl alcohol, isopropyl alcohol, glycols, glycerin, acetone and polyethylene glycol; Film-forming; Stable complex; Less irritating to the skin and mucosa; Non-selective germicidal action; No known tendency for the development of resistant microorganisms.
Effective Iodine 9.0-12.0 %
KoVidoneÒ-I is a broad spectrum biocidal, antifungal and antiviral agent with extremely low risk of promoting microorganism resistance. Applications include:
- Used as an antiseptic agent against abroad spectrum of disease causing microorganisms.
- Widely used in pharmaceutical, veterinarian, agricultural and consumer good applications.
- Used for the disinfecting of skin and equipment before injection or surgery.
- Used for the treatment of: oral, vaginal, skin and hair infections.
- Highly effective at inactivating human and avian influenza viruses.
- Disinfectant used in the foodstuff, aquaculture and veterinarian industries to control pathogenic bacteria, reduce the infection of fish and fish eggs and prevent and cure animal diseases.